Propecia is prescribed for the treatment of the hair loss in men on the vertex and anterior mid – scalp. Many men come across thinning of hair on the scalp which is mainly due to male pattern hair loss. This could even recede hairline or bald on the top of the head and hence, you can now buy and use generic Propecia online to treat male pattern baldness and other hair loss problems. It is to be noted that this drug is not indicated for use in women and children.
Many studies show that Propecia is found effective in the management of androgenetic alopecia. Long-term (5 years)usage of this drug has shown better results in reducing the visible hair loss and to improve in the reappearance of lost hair.
Propecia can be taken with or without food. Recommended dosage of this pill is 1 tablet per day at the dosage strength of 1 mg. The minimum medication period is about 3 months with the daily intake of the medicine. It is recommended to continue taking this pill to sustain the reaction or as directed by the physician. Do not stop taking this drug suddenly as it may reverse the hair growth results. You would need periodic evaluation for side effects for at least12 months. The strength of a Propecia tablet is 1 mg and it is octagonal shaped and film coated convex pill. Propecia 5 mg is also available.
Precautions and guidelines if using Propecia for androgenetic alopecia
Women are restricted to use any form of Propecia either crushed or broken or whole. If a pregnant woman or a woman planning for pregnancy takes Propecia then it can result in birth defects in the baby. Hence if a woman accidently comes in contact with this broken or crushed pills wash the affected area immediately and seek medical assistance. Finasteride has the tendency to get absorbed through the skin.
Before using this medicine a complete medical checkup needs to be done and the patient is advised to submit his medical history to the consultant. Also tell the physician if the person suffers from any of the following problems:
- Prostate Cancer
- Liver or kidney problems
- Muscle disorder
- Allergic reaction towards the drug
General guidelines for Propecia use
- Do not overdose onPropecia as it can increase the risk of side effects. In case an overdose happens to seek doctor’s advice immediately.
- The Propecia tablet can be taken with or without food or as prescribed by the physician. If you miss a dose of the day, then do not take the additional pill with the next schedule.
- Propecia pills should be kept at room temperature and strictly keep out of reach of children.
- When you are under medication, control your daily activities in a slow and steady manner. That is when you stand from sitting and lying position, do not move fast, as you may feel giddy.
- A Patient needs to have proper counseling before the medication regarding the efficiency of Propecia and side effects.
- Consult your physician if you experience any side effects from this drug.